I just had dinner at a Japanese restaurant listening to cheap Brazilian music. The ambience was great and the sushi was among the best I've had to date. It is hard to believe I am in Liberia, given the expectations I had. Dinner was actually a meeting – the third I had today – during which I was informed about my mandate, politics of the game, and the challenges I am going to face. I feel honored to be a part of this endeavor and I am inspired by the people I am working with. It became clear today that they are investing a lot on me. I was told once again they've been trying to hide somebody for two years. And I found out through the meetings that my task is daunting: creating (not fixing) an essential part of the public health system.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It seems you have landed the opportunity of a lifetime at the perfect time in your life. I'm very happy for you. Now, when are we going to chat? Skype?
ReplyDelete- Laila