Have you ever been in the twilight zone where you are neither asleep nor awake? It usually happens just before you wake up or just after you fall asleep. Under that state, you can gain some control over your dreams because you are in a semiconscious state. If you have experienced something like this, you'll understand the meaning of the following story.
It was about 3am and I was dreaming that I was driving on an eerie and empty road. I ended up at a dead end, in a dark spot under an overpass. There was an overwhelming fear in the air and the spot where I was looked surreal with open pipes of many sizes coming out of the walls. I stepped out of the car and realized how strange that place was…too strange to be real. At that moment, I had an epiphany: I was in a dream! And I said it out loud. Next, I commanded "Wake up! Wake up!" That was followed by a moment of doubt because I didn't wake up. So I repeated: "Wake up!!" And I did! For the first time, without being in the twilight zone, I became aware I was in a dream and I got myself out of it.
That's called lucid dreaming. You train yourself enough, and you can do whatever you want in your dreams, supposedly. Flying is common. I tried to train myself to have lucid dreams when I was a teenager, but failed pretty miserably...
ReplyDeleteI've had lucid dreams before. In fact, I have at least one lucid dream per month and I do have some control over them, but this one was different... The lucid dreams I've had before usually happen in the twilight zone and start with a certain level of awareness that it is a dream. This dream happened in the middle of the night, I was in deep sleep, and I had no clue it was dream. It was the fear in the dream that led me to ask questions, I hypothesized it was a dream, and got myself out of it.
ReplyDelete